Opportunity to double your money with Donors Choose! See below for a campaign being run by Groupon for the next 3 days that enables you to double your Donor’s Choose donation! http://www.groupon.com/raleigh-durham/deals/donorschoose-org-online-national?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu629498
- Carnival Planning Meeting – Thurs May 27th at 8 am, Contact Erica Hunt (email@example.com)
- Family Night at the Bluelight! May 27th at 5-8 pm
- Something for everyone in the family!
- Kids get free hot dogs and a movie!
- NO SCHOOL – Monday May 31st Memorial Day
- Tuesday, June 1, 8am – Calling ALL parent librarians, artists, computer, garden and parent coaches! NEED YOUR FEEDBACK to plan for next year — please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will talk about
- General Feedback: what worked/areas for improvement
- Did you feel your time was well spent?
- Did you feel prepared by the training?
- Did the schedule work for you?
- Will you be returning?
- We will talk about
- Kindergarten graduation, Wednesday, June 2nd
- Fifth grade graduation, Thursday, June 3rd
- Kindergarten field day, Thursday June 3rd
GLO Afterschool Program and Activities – Plan for 2010-2011 TODAY
- Deadline for GLO enrollment for the 2010-2011 year is this Friday, May 28th. You must get your enrollment forms in by Friday to guarantee afterschool with GLO the first week of school (all enrollees received by this Friday, GLO will start the first day of school).
- Afterschool activities schedule for 2010-2011 is available and came home in mail folders this week. There are additional copies in the front office. Sign up now for Session 1 in the fall – or the whole 2010-2011 year!
- There are some great new classes including Legos and Yoga, so sign up early!
PTA Community Feedback – Spring 2010
We are looking for feedback! Please help the PTA prepare for next year by providing feedback about the many programs that we coordinated this year.
- It is a VERY short and simple survey available online at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ShermanCommunityFeedback.
- If you have internet access please complete the simple survey online. If not, your teacher can get you a copy. Please submit by Friday, May 28, 2010.
Double Your Charitable Donation to DonorsChoose.org — a special campaign running now!
- Starting at $10 for $20 Worth of Aid for Public School Projects http://www.groupon.com/raleigh-durham/deals/donorschoose-org-online-national?utm_campaign=UserReferral&utm_medium=email&utm_source=uu629498
- Support the public school project of your choice with today’s side deal, which lets you double your charitable donation to DonorsChoose.org through generous funding by the Pershing Square Foundation. DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that connects individuals with classrooms in need, allowing members of the general public to become philanthropists. This Groupon is valid for redemption starting on June 2, 2010.
- Choose from the following donations:
- $10 for $20
- $25 for $50
- $50 for $100
- $100 for $200
- $250 for $500
The DonorsChoose.org website operates by allowing public school teachers to post their projects, with requests that range from pencils for a poetry-writing unit and recorders for music class to a science class incubator that helps hatch baby chickens. Once a project reaches its funding goal, DonorsChoose.org uses the money to purchase the necessary supplies and personally ensures that the goods are delivered to the school. The contribution is tracked and chronicled by the charity staff, so that everyone who donated receives photos of the project taking place, a thank-you letter from the teacher, and a cost report showing precisely how each dollar was spent. Anyone who donates $100 or more also receives handwritten thank-you notes from the students for an extra dollop of heartwarmth.
Seeking Sherman Buddies
Looking for Sherman families to join the buddy program. We will pair you with an incoming family (K or upper grades) to help them learn the ropes here at Sherman. Contact Cece Kaufman at email@example.com.